The Kelly Ripa Arms Project (video post).

Fri, Feb 12, 2010

Exercise, Videos, Weight training

This video is too long if you listen to the experts which we all know I do not

This video stars a hilarious new blogger (new to me—not to blogging)whom I met at Blissdom.

This video also features a #mamavationrockstar whom many of you may not yet know.

This video was filmed in a rather LOUD hallway but we persevered.

And, in a serious vein, this longasslaughingattimes video is chock full of tips regarding arm workouts on the go.

Please to enjoy.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DyBZOLfL0

Tags: , , , , ,

45 Responses to “The Kelly Ripa Arms Project (video post).”

1. Hanlie says:

It’s a great video! With three people in the video you can really spot the differences in form, which is so important. Not that anyone was doing badly, but you can see variations.

2. Michelle@Eatingjourney says:

I love using cans. The other day I used bottles of wine and champagne.

3. Karen says:

I LOVED THE VID
    I was long but so helpful as well.

Why are you never at my conferences?! :)

4. Karen says:

Oh and I agree with Hanlie.

It’s cool to see what you were all doing simultaneously.

5. Helen says:

I know this was for traveling but it would work perfect for me in the office!

Especially the close handed push up things and the dips.

Love your videos as always.

(were those purple cowboy boots?)

6. Stephoodle says:

Great video! Like everyone else has said, it’s good to see the variations in form. :)

I have a question for you, regarding getting workouts in when you lack specific equipment. I’m using the program in The New Rules of Lifting for Women, but I only have dumbells and no access to a gym. Most of the exercises have variations I can do at home, except for the various lat pulldowns (wide-grip and underhand grip). Is there another exercise I can do to work the same muscles in a similar way?

7. Lara says:

Hi Carla!

I met you at Blissdom and love this concept.

Perhaps next year Alli would let you run a full on session break which is a workout?

Lara

8. Yum Yucky says:

Yep, and not just for traveling. Time to throw some of these in since I woke up late and screaming child will be up in 15 minutes.

9. Jodi (Jodiojo) says:

FUN STUFF!! I love conferences just for things like this!

10. kate says:

We must do this at Fitbloggin!

11. BK says:

LOVE IT!!! I am sharing video with a few friends who complain they can’t do upper body work.. this is so easy and on the go!!! lateral raises love them.. definitely keeps the core in check!!!

12. Diana('s Journey) says:

I may have missed this, but how many do you recommend people do?

Thanks for the tips! My hubby (in the army) did those close hand pushup things but with the pelvis on the ground. Or, at least that’s what he had me do :) He, of course, could do them on his toes, but even with the pelvis on the ground it worked it out.

13. Aubry says:

I saw your Jillian WHO tweet the other day and am here to second that emotion.

You need a tv show as you’re so comfortable in front of the camera and authentic.

Aub

14. Jen, a priorfatgirl says:

love love love it! I totally do some tricep dips at my desk when no one is looking!

15. Sagan says:

You’re all so darn cute. Thanks for the great demo!

16. MB says:

Great video.

I want MizFit arms!

17. POD says:

Hey, you stole one of my most favorite quotes, “Anywhere you go, you can find a chair.”
    When I push on the walls at my house, the wall moves.

Pls don’t call it the Kelly Ripa Arm project. Call it Armageddon.

18. Julia says:

This is a really great vid!

I have been looking for some exercises to do during school and these, I can. I am thinking about packing a resistance band in my school bag and I can get a quick workout in during lunch. I also want to try the “push-ups” against the wall.

Thanks girls, this was great!

BTW, I love the random people walking past in the background and looking at you like you were crazy!

Julia

19. Alli says:

Love!!!!! Love!!!!! Love!!!!

20. Marste says:

Nice! I always forget about lateral raises when I’m doing upper body work. (If you can call free weights in my living room while I watch “Ghost Whisperer” “work!”) I’ll have to remember to add some in.

21. Crabby McSlacker says:

Love the video! I shall have to remember to pack Pork and Beans next time i travel.

Stephoodle: one option is to get a door-way style pull up bar, and put your legs on a chair to take off some of the your body weight. Or you can do dumbell rows (just google) if you’ve got a weight bench or a step or some stable horizontal surface; not exactly the same muscles as lat pullddown, but similar.

But I bet Mizfit has even better ideas!

22. Stephoodle says:

Crabby McSlacker: thanks! I’ve actually been doing some bent over rows with dumbells, so it’s good to know I was headed in the right direction! :)

23. MizFit says:

(were those purple cowboy boots?)

yes. love the purple. love the cowboybootage. only don em when forced to dress like a grownupISH.

Is there another exercise I can do to work the same muscles (back/lats) in a similar way?

YES on the dumbbell rows. I also love using a pullup bar and placing the chair underneath to “spot” myself using my feet.

(perhaps look here too under BACK: http://mizfitonline.com/mizfit-videos/)

24. suzanne says:

Great video! Love the dips :)

25. deb roby says:

Great Video! I don’t mind a 6 minute video - but I hate podcasts that go much longer than 10 minutes. Audio attention span - nil. Does this make me strange?

My best “getting great guns” tip: do a few pushups after almost every exercise you do.

You do a set of crunches (why?? they are bad for you… but women do them) roll over, and do a set of pushups.

You do a set of lunges? drop down and do some pushups.

26. Stephoodle says:

MizFit: Thanks! I’ll invest in a pullup bar eventually. And I’ll check out those videos!

27. Lynn says:

Hi Carla,

I met you at Blissdom as well and am enjoying your blog.

What a fun idea! I only wish I had been around so you could have put me through the paces in my jeans as well :)

I agree that next year we need some active session breaks in Nashville.

What fun!

Lynn

28. Natalia Burleson says:

What an awesome, awesome video! Great suggestions! :)

I LOVE WORKING MY ARMS!!!! Heck, you can do these anywhere so people, at home, in the office, at the park or wherever you may be.

Fun video!

30. Shelley B says:

What fun seeing you three doing this together, and it liked watching you correct Nutty Girl toward the end - this helped me so much as I get corrected sometimes for that same thing, but it’s easier to see on someone else.

31. Ron says:

I will do some of this while on my trip!

32. Andrea@WellnessNotes says:

I want your arms!!!!! ;)

Great video and a great reminder that there is no good excuse to not exercise when you are traveling!

Happy Weekend!

33. Imerson says:

Good video, and it isn’t that long ;) . My six minutes weren’t wasted.

34. Melissa Lillie says:

nice! I love it- esp those pushups!

35. charlotte says:

Ohmygoodness you guys are a hoot!! I want to work out in a hotel hallway now:) Also, I have said this a million times but screw Kelly Ripa - I want YOUR arms!

36. Lara (Thinspired) says:

Really enjoyed this video! Now my excuses are taken away when I don’t have access to a gym. Been doing more exercises lately to work those side deltoids, too. Kelly’s arms really are inspirational! But then again, so are yours ;)

37. Jen-JensFitnessTips.com says:

Great video!! These exercises are perfect for the office, at home, or on the go! We can always spare some time to look great! Awesome exercises! Thanks for sharing!

Jen :)

38. Mel's Box of Chocolates says:

Definitely think you should use this for your workout breakout session at FitBloggin! I’m bringing my cans. My daughter was watching the video with me and couldn’t get over your muscles. She said she wants her arms to look like that when she gets big. Thanks for sharing the video because I struggle with upper body workouts at home and these are easy things I can do with equipment I have.

39. Aimee Bartis says:

awesome vid! y’all are so cute! thanks for the tips. my arms are my focus this Spring.

40. Kara Jackson says:

This is great, I’ve always wondered how to get Kelly Ripa-esque arms :)
    The workouts easy and comfy which is always a good thing!

41. Gilberto Houle says:

Looking forward to reading more. Great blog post.Really looking forward to read more.

42. Gianna Patterson says:

sometimes, ghost whisperer is very scary specially when she see those ghots.”,.

43. Kitchen Towels ` says:

i like Jennifer Love Hewitt on Ghost Whisperer, her role definitely suits her,:”

44. NdYAG Laser says:

my sister loves the tv series Ghost Whisperer but i do find it a bit distracting sometimes `:,

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. uberVU - social comments - 12. Feb, 2010

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by MizFitOnline: Squeezing in the workout at #blissdom http://tinyurl.com/yzvpl5k How to fit exercise into a busy day…

FREE MIZFIT UPDATES