Wordless Wednesday:the hair edition.

Wed, Dec 8, 2010

MizFit Muzings

This not-so-wordless Wednesday is brought to you by a Twitter conversation about hair lengths and colors.

It all started here. I went for extensions (early ’90s) before the art of it and Caucasian hair was really perfected.

Short version? I ended up with the dreadlocks below (I think the picture was for a fitness book we did at our studio.).

And, when I was over those, I had to shave my head.  The photo below is my hair *way* grown out. (I think it was for a Valentines Day personal training promotion. I know, we all hurt for me)

Since I had barely any hair (seriously. the above is grown out!) I seized that time to go red, purple, and the platinum-blond below.  To my chagrin Ive yet to find any red or purple haired pictures.

The end.

65 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday:the hair edition.”

1. Cammy@TippyToeDiet says:

An autobiography as told through hair styles. I like it.

I worked with a woman who had the same hair style for 23 years. And not a good one either.

2. Lori (Finding Radiance) says:

I would not have known the blonde woman in the last picture was you!

I would die of embarrassment if I put my hair issues over the years on the net, particularly thinking of the home perm that looked like a Brillo pad LOL!

3. Bea says:

So funny!!
    I can’t believe your hair was ever that short.

4. Lindsay says:

Are those BRAIDS in your hair in the first photo??

5. leslie says:

Well, who knew you sported such a broad array of ‘dos with such aplomb?

6. Roxie says:

I am speechless here on Wordless Wednesday.

7. Wifey says:

Not sure which one tops the list - the extensions or the Valentine’s Day outfit. Got to LOVE it!

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

8. Tia says:

You failed to tell us that if we click on the photos they enlarge :)

The dreads are too funny, Miz

9. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

I love you. AND your hair. Oh, and I’m excited that I read Tia’s comment.

10. Andrew says:

OMG you were (still are) such a hottie in that Valentines pic!

11. Runnergirl says:

I love it short! You look very elfin… and it’s really cute.

Why oh why don’t men like short hair?!

12. BK says:

Ha! you look so innocent in those photos like who set me up for this??? Cute.. I love when you do these..I so wouldn’t have pegged you for a blonde

13. Jessica @ HOw Sweet says:

OMG… the first pic! Love it!

14. Heather says:

The things we’ve done to our hair, oh my! You’re still cute in all those hairstyles, though!

15. Joanna Sutter says:

Best. Worldless Wednesday. Ever.

16. Shelley says:

Why am I not surprised you look adorable in the dreads? (Especially the short ones. Too cute!!)

I love you spirit, woman.

17. Natalia says:

I like the short hair! It’s cute! :)

18. Marisa @Loser for Life says:

LOL! Only you could pull those off and still look cool! Me??? Not so much! My hair was the 80′s version of Jerseylicious - big, crazy and embarassing. Go mall hair and Aquanet!!!

19. dragonmamma says:

I think you pull off the extensions OK. You are so NOT a blonde, and I actually LIKE the short hair.

20. Roni says:

LOVE the third one! You should totally go mid length. Could be a nice change yet still long for hubby!?!?

21. lynn says:

you look so terrific with short hair. you could be Emma Watson’s twin!

22. Carly says:

Love it! I may have to pull out my photos of when I had the Flock of Seagulls look.

23. Sagan says:

Tehe! It’s always so funny to see people with different hair than we’re used to. And I’ve got to be honest, you’re really versatile - you look good in all kinds of hair styles! That can’t be said for many people.

I tried going reddish for a very brief period of time. It was NOT me.

24. Janell says:

I wuv all your hair dos. Especially the really short one. You wook adorable.
    When it’s short, that’s really the time to experiment with color and pray that color doesn’t cause some sort of head cancer. I just changed my platinum blond back to brown with blond highlights (for the fall/winter season). Somehow harsh blond doesn’t really go with the horradays.

25. Erica says:

What an awesome post :) No 80′s hair? I rocked my hair in a half side pony in a scrunchy for 10 years I think….

26. Marcie says:

I forgot the short and dark phase!

27. angela says:

Ahh. I had many many colors of hair in my youth. Many. And nearly destroyed my hair with color accidents at least a few times. And I totally had that short boy hair once because I let an idiot cut it. I don’t think there are many pictures from those times. ;)

Carla, you say hair issues & I could go on forever & bore people to death!!! With super curly AND FRIZZY hair.. it has always been bad stuff from trying to straighten myself to permanent straightening at the hair parlor when I had more money to wearing it curly.. never matters… it is always a pain & aways ready to frizz!

As for the super short, I went there too & a very similar cut!

Such a universal subject matter. I think we all feel better on good hair days & not so great on bad ones! :-)

29. Karen says:

I am having a bad hair decade. Maybe longer. Mine is most cooperative very short but thanks to Oprah I realize that longer hair makes most women look younger! I’m tired of my bob.

30. Hannah says:

Love this insight into you!

You’re a free spirit.

31. Shelley B says:

WOW! Not only the hair, but no Star of David tattoo yet. So fun to see a different Miz - and my gosh, what is it about short short hair that makes us look practically like children?!? (ooh foreshadowing on my mishmash for Friday!)

I hope you find the red and purple hair pictures - just knowing that you did that has ratcheted up your coolness factor another notch! :)

32. JavaChick says:

I love that short hair on you in the Valentine photo. So cute!

I have had pretty much the same hair forever, with mildly varied lengths. My hair is curly and works best in a layered cut. I did have it fairly short once - like chin length - and hated it so I’ve never gone that short again. Fortunately the curls seem to work for me. :)

33. Geosomin says:

I really like the short hair actually. It’s the overalls that made me giggle. :)
    I could never do dreads tho. I like the *idea* of them…I ust couldn’t do it. I do admit to having fake ones (some multicolored) though…for costumes…Yeah. That’s it…
    I love seeing people and all the different ways they looked in the past…

34. Yum Yucky says:

Dreadlocked Miz? I’m chuckling over heres.

LOL, love it. The short haired pic almost doesn’t look like you! I’ve been every length and color of the rainbow too…right now I’m considering dark brown almost black with pink…I think I can pull it off ;)

36. Quix says:

Ok - I LOVE THE DREADS! They look super cute on you. Same with the platinum blonde. I bet you even looked awesome with a shaved head. GI Jane!!!

Oh how I miss playing with hair color. But mine’s FINALLY grown out to be natural for the first time since I was 14, I’m kind of enjoying the non-maintenance. :)

37. Rose says:

Simply awesome post. I love the hair-do’s of yore.

38. Joyce Cherrier says:

love the dreads…you could rock dreads now!! That would be awesome! :)

39. melissa @ the delicate place says:

best. i love this post! i went a more safe route and added temporary spray color and went from brunette to blond to red. i should find these photos!

40. Helen DoingA180 says:

L-O-V-E this post. That is all.

41. Kelly Happy Texan says:

Oh Miz, blone? I would never have guessed. Such transformations.
    I’ve toyed with the idea of hot pink highlights. :D

42. Vee says:

I’m a natural yucky plain ole brown (brunette is too nice a word) but in my thin days, I modeled hair styles so was auburn, bright red, purple, blond and platinum blond. Loved it. Thinking I’ll do it again maybe. Someday. Something to cover my gray!

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

p.s. Thanks for your support; I very much appreciate it.

43. Ann says:

You look adorable with dreads! I’ve been wanting to dread my hair for a while but am too chicken.

44. Jill says:

Like everyone else, I think you look super cute with short hair!! If I were so inclined, I would pull out the 1988 photo of me with my superbigjuliaroberts ‘do. I’m still waiting for the day when really big hair comes back in style!!

45. Ryan @NoMoreBacon says:

Disappointed to see the lack of a jerry cur and or mullet.

46. suzanne says:

:) I’ve had a mullet, i’ve had spiked hair and i’ve had many different colours! Love you in the dred’s

47. charlotte says:

I love it!!! I’ve done some crazy stuff to my hair in the past but you totally win! You look gorgeous no matter how your hair looks but those extensions… wow. Just wow.

48. Kris @Krazy_Kris says:

Oh Dear - Hair History?

I will NEVER GO PUBLIC!

You are a wise, brave, oh so precious one ;-)

49. 'Drea says:

It’s ironic that it’s wordless Wednesday because I feel speechless. ;)

Hey, we all had our experiments. You look cute. Just can’t decide which picture is the cutest.

50. tricia says:

love it

I’ve gone SUPER short, and red, and blue streaks, and red streaks

now, I refuse to dye my hair. mainly because i”m too lazy to keep up with it

got a few inches cut off yesterday and it STRESSED me out :) awwww to be young again :)

51. Kimberly says:

Strangely, I really like the short blonde look. It was pretty cute.

52. Foodie McBody says:

Holy wowsers, Miz!!!!! I gotta say I was staring way more at your ARMS and your ABS than your hair, but truly the valentine one with the short little pixie? SO SO CUTE! I adore it. (and you)

53. Jenn (Gh) says:

What a fun post!!! You just won my heart all over again!

54. Debra says:

LOVE THIS!! I had no idea you had such a wild hair past : )

55. Nitmos says:

Priceless. The look on your face in the first picture tells a story. And that story is…”what the f*ck did I just do?”

56. Drazil says:

Is it wrong to hate you for looking cute no matter what your hairstyle is? Cuz I sorta do. Just for a second and then I go back to loving you.

57. elaine! says:

Holy cow!! The short dreads are AWESOME! I wish I could pull that off, but I’m a whitey with fine, blondish hair, and we tend to look like drowned rats with dreads. ;)

You have a great face for short hair. :)

58. Lisa Marie Mary says:

I absolutely LOVE the Valentine’s hair! So adorable! I’ve been thinking of going that short myself - but, since I’m heavy - ick. DH says I’d look like a man. I think I’ve just about talked myself out of it…

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention Wordless Wednesday:the hair edition. | MizFitOnline -- Topsy.com - December 8, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Gretchen Glasscock, Gretchen Glasscock. Gretchen Glasscock said: Wordless Wednesday:the hair edition.: This not-so-wordless Wednesday is brought to you by a Twitter conversation… http://bit.ly/hEWMVR [...]

2. 15 yrs ago. In the basment of a jail. | MizFitOnline - January 10, 2012

[...] (Please to let me know if you’d like to discuss what was happening with my hair. I talked about it a little here…) [...]