The big picture (s).

Uncategorized

image

image

image

image

image

I’m quite confident someone with more tech skills than I (yep that’s a shoutout to you Ryan!) could figure out how not to have ginormous photos & how to intersperse text between pics.

Alas I’ve not yet mastered the wordpress Android app. so it’s bigpicbigpic wordwordword.

You’ll have that.

Onward.

I was MizFitUpAtCrack for the flight yesterday.
It was early even for me.
I was tired.
I was messy.
I was soon obsessed with purplizing the ends of my hair when I spied the photo (above) in my seatmate’s magazine.

(Any hair stylists out there? This is a bad idea, yes? I want. I want.)

Flying to NYC was uneventful.

The cab ride to the hotel was fraught with events.

Suffice it to say I had the pleasure of riding with a cabbie who was experiencing his very first day on the job.

The ride involved a little panic attack (his).

Pulling over, sitting and panicking (again him).

Examining of google maps (me).

Being wholly unable to read a map (him).

Phone calls (me and him. with him pressing his phone to my ear and asking me to speak to someone who did not speak English. Or Fitness).

Tears (him).

Lots of reassuring (me to him).

Eventual tipping (again me to him though it should probably have been the other way around).

I finally made it to the Hilton (shoutout to the *hard* to locate Stone St. Doubletree!), unpacked my newly procured winter garb (photo above) and set out to find me some Kelly Olexa.

And the fitness center.

Not in that order and *not* to workout (as evidenced by the streetclothes photo above).

We headed out into the cold and forraged for food.

And then headed back indoors and forraged for Fitfluential people.

And then ate.

Again.

And talked.

A lot.

To be continued.

I promise it gets more exciting…

18 Responses to “The big picture (s).”

1. Jan / HealthyLoserGal says:

LOL I *love* that your winter clothes are *gloves*… nothing else… just gloves! :) Have a great time - my son lives in NYC if you get desperate for directions help! ;)

2. Runner Girl says:

You gonna freeze Miz!!

3. messymimi says:

Reminds me of a cab ride we took in NYC once — only it was my Sweetie panicking when the very able cabbie was pulling maneuvers he’s only read about or seen in movies.

4. Hanlie says:

Ah, the joys of travel! Love your winter clothes!

5. Kelley burrus says:

Oh my. I have visions of you sitting on the curb holding a cabbie and talking him through his challenge.

“You’ve got this. Look to your left, look to your right and go!”

6. Kyle @ Getting Better and Better says:

Perhaps the newbie-caddie needs the G-P-S training wheels?

7. Elizabeth says:

Hope you guys are having a great time in the city! So many exciting things going on! You are so good to be patient and kind to that driver- I can’t imagine what a first day on that job would be like. If I had a dollar for every time I gave directions to non-first-day cab drivers, though… I would have 3 dollars, with which I would buy you a scarf to complete your winter garb. It’s windy out there!

NYC will never be the same! Can’t wait to hear more of this amazing trip! That cab thing - WOW! Looks to me like you used your mothering skills for the poor new cabbie!

9. Janell says:

NYC in Dec is amazing! What an opportunity you have!

10. Deb says:

Curious. What is it you are holding and approving of in the gym?

Enjoy NYC and the Fit Fluential folk. Stay warm. Get home safely.

11. addy says:

ahh the joys of travel…… enjoy!

12. Lettie says:

I love the purple.
    Do it in NYC!

To purplize you’d have to bleach out your natural color at the ends (which is pretty damaging) and then add the color, which would likely not hold real well, and would fade, and you’d have to re-do some. BUT it would look awesome. And, it’s just hair. If it’s damaged, you don’t like it, whatever, just cut it, lol. I’d have someone do it for you though, but then again I’ve screwed my hair up before.

14. Lettie says:

Don’t try that at home!!

15. Yum Yucky says:

I suggest you proceed with purplization, bring tissues in case you make another cabbie cry (wait, nooo?) and detail more about what you ate. Because food is fun, after all.

16. Patty at A Day in My NYC says:

Yep, that Stone St is tricky. Of all the cabbies here you had to get on on their first day. What are the odds! :)

17. Fit Chick in the City says:

Please come back soon! It was great getting to hang out with you for a little bit.